Welcome to the January 2012 edition of Circus of the Spineless.
It’s time to make New Year’s Resolutions. If you are having difficulty generating some of your own, try these Circus of the Spineless Resolutions.
1. Take advantage of unexpected gifts, like an emperor shrimp.
Dive with The BlennyWatcher Blog to see emperor shrimp in action.
2. Stop and watch the butterflies.
Trees, Plants & More has photographs of the following butterflies:
3. Pay attention to caterpillars.
Slugyard has a cartoon caterpillar and the butterfly it becomes.
4. Be vigilant for invertebrates out of season.
Rebecca in the Woods has Unexpected Arthropods.
5. Get to know tiny spiders.
Be amazed at Brainy dust posted by Wanderin’ Weeta
6. Take the road most traveled, like leafcutter ants.
Lower Dover Field Journal offers information about leafcutters.
7. Be as flexible as a neon flying squid.
Squid A Day has A Neon Sign of Climate Change
8. Be environmentally responsible.
Wanderin’ Weeta has A Sad Post about water quality.
9. See the world, and Dicathais orbita egg capsules, with a bit of humour.
Medlar Comfits says, “I’ve always been terribly ambitious.”
10. Learn to blend into your surroundings, especially if they change.
Video from Nothing Here But A Hole in the Ocean… at The Artful Amoeba
11. Have a big heart (like a sea squirt).
Kevin Zelnio of Deep Sea News has a video of sea squirt facts.